Tuesday 2 December 2014

Brahimi Pips Enyeama To BBC Gong

Yacine Brahimi has been voted the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2014 ahead of Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama.


The 24-year-old midfielder becomes the first Algerian to win the award, which is decided by football fans.

“It’s a big honour for me to receive this wonderful trophy. I owe it to my country, Algeria, and to all the people who voted for me.

“It’s also a trophy for the whole of Africa, because it rewards an African player. So I am really very happy.”

After a record number of votes were submitted from fans in 207 FIFA-registered countries, Brahimi came out on top ahead of Nigerian Vincent Enyeama, Gabonese Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ivorian pair, Gervinho and Yaya Toure. Brahimi and Enyeama were shortlisted on Monday before the final selection was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment