Tuesday 3 March 2015

Ifeanyi Chiejine Ready For Super Falcons


Fit again Nigeria international, Ifeanyi Chiejine has stated that she's ready to make a comeback to the national team.


The experience Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine has previously played for SSVSM-Kairat Almaty in the Kazakhstani Championship, FC Indiana in USA's W-League, PK-35 Vantaa in Finland and Zvezda Perm of Russia.

Ifeanyi Chiejine was part of the Super Falcons at the 1999, 2003 and 2007 World Cups and also played an important role in the national team at the 2000 and 2008 Summer Olympics. The soft spoken star confirmed to sl10.ng that she's fit again.

"I got injured playing for Nigeria and the nation has helped me throughout the injury phase but right now I'm fit again. I've been training with the Lagos State male football team preparing for the National Sports Festival,"Chiejine told SL10.ng

"I've been training since late 2014 and I've played series of friendly games with the male team which has really helped me a lot. I'm fit and ready to go.

Ifeanyi Chiejine expressed her desire to wear the 'Green and White' shirt of Nigeria any time she's called up.

"Why not, if I'm called up to the national team I'll be very happy. it's left for me to prove myself and make the coaches see what value I'll add to the team, I've got experience and I'm fit again,"Chiejine stated.

A couple of local clubs have shown interest but amongst the lot, Confluence Queens looked the likely team sign the experience Super Falcons player.

"The most serious amongst the local clubs seeking for my services is Confluence Queens, they want me to play for them, the interest from the Kogi based team nice but discussion is still going on".
Chiejine believes Nigeria's Super Falcons has got the talent but emphasized on team work, dedication and hard work.

"Nigeria is blessed with talented players and there isn't a doubt that Nigerian female footballers are talented but we need to keep training, keep planning and organizing ourselves".

"We've got a goal, we've got a target so everybody in the team including the technical crew, the administrators and the players all have to work together to achieve the set goals. Nigerians believe in the Super Falcons and it will be nice to put smiles on the face of Nigerians everywhere in the world with good result,"Chiejine concluded.

Photo And Story Credit: sl10.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment