Friday 23 August 2013

"I'm not a stumbling block to Kayode's progress"- Taiwo Ogunjobi


Taiwo Ogunjobi said that he is not the stumbling block between Kayode and a foreign deal.

He said he will never work against the progress of Kayode or any Nigerian player and that Asec are in the best position to talk about contract situation of the Nigeria U20 striker.

"How will he say he doesn't have a contract with Asec Mimosas? I don't have much to say on it because any explanation I give here will be seen as a defence but if you can contact any Asec official, they will tell you the true position on Kayode's contract,” said the Osun State FA boss.

“I have a name to protect, how will I agree that a player owned by another club should be transferred through another club.

“I will be glad if you can dig deep and get to ASEC for clarification. As we all know, the transfer of a player is done between club and club."

Ogunjobi said that Kayode was loaned to Lucerne in Switzerland, but never returned to his parent club Asec after the expiration of the loan deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment