Thursday 29 August 2013

Official: Eto'o signs for Chelsea


As expected, Samuel Eto’o has signed a one-year contract with Chelsea, ending hope of a return to Inter.


The Cameroon international became available after Anzhi Makhachkala’s main backer pulled his funds out of the club.

The 32-year-old made the move on a free transfer, but the wages offered by Chelsea could not be matched by his former side Inter.

It is still something of a Nerazzurri reunion, as Eto’o will be working with Treble-winning ex-Inter Coach Jose Mourinho.

“I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible,” he told the official Chelsea website.

“It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment