Wednesday 27 May 2015

Oshoala: I Dedicate The Award To Fans

Asisat Oshoala, has dedicated her BBC Women’s Footballer of the Year Award to her numerous fans around the world that supported her to emerge winner.


Oshoala, who was named on Tuesday as winner after beating Spain's Veronica Boquete, German Nadine Kessler, Scot Kim Little and Brazilian Marta to the honour, thanked her fans from around the world for making her clinch the coveted award.

"I feel very happy and excited about this award. I am happy a lot of people voted for me. Now I know a lot of people out there follow female football and I have a lot of supporters.

Oshoala, who was the youngest player to be shortlisted for the honour, said the award was well deserved and will not put her under pressure during the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

“I am not under any pressure as I have won series of awards even before we came to Canada; I am here to play my game and to give my best for my nation and also for Africa. The award is a well deserved one from my fans and I pray for a good game for me and my teammates because representing Nigeria is always a good thing for me; it's a really good thing for us as a team because we now know that we have something great and now we want to go at the trophy," she said.

Oshoala was the leading scorer at the U-20 World Cup in Canada last summer and was voted the tournament's best player.

No comments:

Post a Comment