Wednesday 25 February 2015

Keshi: I Have The Technical Skills To Lead Burkina Faso To The World Cup


Stephen Keshi has said he could lead Burkina Faso to the World Cup just as he has done with Togo and Nigeria.


Keshi is the front runner for the vacant Burkina Faso top coaching post after Belgian coach Paul Put was fired at the end of a disappointing 2015 AFCON campaign in Equatorial Guinea, where the Stallions failed to win a match two years after they reached the championship game in South Africa.

“My ambitions remain the same from one national team to another. I don’t want to have the job just to have the job but to bring a real plus,” Keshi told Sidwaya Sport of Burkina Faso.

“If I am chosen, by the grace of God, I first want to qualify Burkina Faso for the 2017 AFCON finals and why not for the next World Cup as I did with Togo.

“And then I want to do what it takes to go as far as possible in those competitions. Everything is possible.”

“There is no success without vision, without hard work and without confidence. If all those things are in place, I insist that the Stallions can compete with the best in Africa.

“If I get the job, my objective is to transmit this desire of giving it all for their country, this winning culture, to follow the local players and instill a healthy competition between them like I did in Nigeria with youngsters like Sunday Mba and other locals who went on to be Africa champions in 2013.

“As head coach of Nigeria, I played the 2013 AFCON final against these Stallions and I was very pleased with them.”

However, Keshi made it clear Burkina Faso are not the only team he is considering.

“I am in contact with other national teams but for the moment, out of respect for the executives of the Burkina Association, I prefer to be quiet about that,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment