Thursday 27 November 2014

Akinbiyi Enjoying Life As A Coach

Former Stoke City and Burnley striker Ade Akinbiyi is enjoying his coaching role at Colwyn Bay.


Akinbiyi is now working as assistant manager to Frank Sinclair at Conference North side Colwyn Bay.

“I’m enjoying it to be honest,” he told the Stoke match programme.

“It’s something different in regards to not having everything ready for you and sometimes travelling to away matches with supporters on the team coach. It is a good learning curve for me.

“I don’t particularly want to go into management though. I‘d maybe prefer the coaching or scouting side because I’m more into seeing kids make their way through the system.”

Meanwhile, Akinbiyi isn't surprised by Geoff Cameron's success in England.

Akinbiyi played with Cameron at Houston Dynamo.

“I saw massive potential in Geoff,” he told The Sentinel.

“I recall him enjoying most of his time in Houston at centre-midfield or centre-half but to be fair to him he can play in most positions because of his athleticism and technical ability.

“At the time I was there he was young and wasn’t in the team as much but he gradually worked his way in.

No comments:

Post a Comment