Tuesday 26 August 2014

Ideye: Kanu Is A Great Man

West Bromwich Albion's record signing Brown Ideye says ex-Baggies cult hero Kanu Nwankwo gives him advice on a weekly basis on how to be a big hit with the Baggies faithfuls.
 
Kanu spent two years with the Baggies between 2004-06, scoring a total of nine goals in 58 appearances and memorably playing his part in the Great Escape.
 
“I spoke with Kanu, once or twice in a week. He’s a great guy," Ideye told the Express and Star
 
“He told me to be myself and try to do my best on the pitch, to score goals so that hopefully the fans and the club would be behind me.
 
“He just told me to give my best in every game and try to get my head down and listen to what the manager has to say and also what my fellow players are telling me.”
 
The 25-year-old says he is looking forward to a great season with West Brom.
 
“I think this season will be great. I am really looking forward to it," he added.
 
“We just have to keep working hard because we have had two games now that we didn’t lose so that shows we have a really strong side.
 
“We just have to keep working hard and make sure we give our best in every game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment