Thursday 3 July 2014

Bnei Yehuda Goalie Dele Aiyenugba Wants Eagles Recall

Nigeria goalkeeper, Bamidele Aiyenugba says he is eyeing a return to the Super Eagles after being shut-out of the national team set up for almost three years.
 
30-year old Aiyenugba last played for the Super Eagles in September of 2011 in a 2-2 home draw against Guinea in a 2012 Africa cup of nations (AFCON) qualifier, which ultimately ended Nigeria’s chances of qualifying for the 2012 Africa cup of nations hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.
 
But after being out for such a long time, Aiyenugba says he’s ready to stage a comeback. He says, “I’m ready to return to the national team, and I’ll be open to an invitation.”
 
“I haven’t retired from international football so I’m open to a return if the coaches see me fit. It is always a pleasure to play for your country and it is no different with me, so I’m looking forward to it.”
 
Aiyenugba, who currently plays for Bnei Yehuda in the Israeli Leumit league, was largely criticised by fans for Nigeria’s failure to qualify for that edition of the African cup, after the Guineans scored a late equalizer.
 
But the former Enyimba shot-stopper says he has moved on from that incident, and will be available for selection.
 
“I am available, I have never been unavailable despite what happened. Maybe the coaches felt it wasn’t time, I don’t know. I know there could be changes before the qualifiers for the next AFCON, and whatever the case is, I will be ready.” Aiyenugba said.

No comments:

Post a Comment