Monday 13 October 2014

Shepolopolo vs Super Falcons: Oparanozie, Sunday Talk Tough

Super Falcons’ attacking duo Desire Oparanozie and Esther Sunday have both assured Nigerians that Zambia cannot stop them from picking the maximum three points that will see them through to the semifinals of the ongoing Africa Women Championship (AWC) in Namibia.

Sunday, who got the opening goal for the Super Falcons in the match against Ivory Coast, said though she never expected to score the opening goal, she is however happy to be the first person to open scoring.

"I’m very elated because I did not expect to score. I thank God I did my best by scoring and playing well for my team. I was excited to score the first goal for my country in this year’s AWC."

"I was not too sure of what to expect against Ivory Coast but I am happy the way things panned out," she enthused.

Featuring in her third AWC championship, Sunday said the game against Zambia on Tuesday will not be different because victory is sure.

"If I am given the nod to play the match on Tuesday, I will put in my best, play better than I did against Ivory Coast and also try to score a goal. I believe we can score up to three goals in that match," the Minsk winger said.

In the same vein, Falcons’ striker, Desire Oparanozie, who got a brace in the match against Ivory Coast, said though the team did not really play to their full potentials, she believes that the they will improve in subsequent games.

"We all know what we are here for and the task that lies ahead. We have all agreed amongst ourselves that we will not share any point, let alone lose any match. We will go for the kill against Zambia and take the maximum points."

"Nigerians should expect nothing but victory in the game against Zambia. By God's grace, we will pick the three points to qualify for the semifinals," the Guingamp star added.

Super Falcons will continue their campaign against debutants, Zambia on Tuesday at the Sam Nujoma Stadium by 4pm Nig Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment